• New or changing moles or skin growths
• Hair loss
• Nail abnormalities
The medical providers and staff of Daniel Island Dermatology are closely monitoring the COVID-19 pandemic, and we remain committed to the health and safety of our patients, staff, and community. We will continue to serve our patients needing dermatologic care.
At present, we will see patients in-person for urgent dermatologic needs requiring a physical exam, procedure, and/or test.
For all routine and non-urgent visits, and to triage new skin lesions and rashes, we now offer Telehealth Visits through our secure and HIPAA-compliant EHR platform, allowing you to have a private, high-quality, live video visit with your doctor from the comfort and safety of your home. Telehealth visits are appropriate for routine visits and follow ups, including:
If you are already scheduled for an appointment, we will contact you to arrange a Telehealth visit, if appropriate. For new and established patients needing an appointment, please call our office at 843-971-4460 or email us to schedule an in-office visit or Telehealth visit as indicated.
For urgent visits requiring an in-office evaluation, we are taking extra precautions to keep our patients and staff safe. These include the following:
• Pre-screening of patients for symptoms
• Continuing to sterilize or sanitize all equipment, instruments, and shared surfaces in exam rooms between every patient and sanitizing bathrooms, reception room, door handles, light switches, and countertops frequently.
• Out of an abundance of caution, all providers and staff will wear a surgical mask. Masks will be available for patients. This will help limit the spread of infection by larger droplets and discourage face touching.
• Please bring only yourself to your appointment. For pediatric visits, a child should be accompanied by only one parent. This will keep the number of people in each exam room to a minimum.
• Patients may wait in their car or in the large hall outside our office until we text that your room is ready. Sign in quickly and write your phone number so we may text or call you quickly.
• Please stay home if you have any symptoms of influenza or COVID-19 such as fever, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, or muscle aches. Please notify us by phone or email if you will be cancelling or rescheduling your appointment.
Thank you for your cooperation as we continue to serve our patients safely and effectively.